Saturday, July 6, 2013

Road Trip 2013 - Day Ten


When I tell you that AIS is before 8, please remember that we are now an hour ahead. So it means that I have my butt on the back of a motorcycle before 7 in my body's time zone. And I shouldn't need to remind you how much I dislike getting up early. Being married to Dave means early mornings. I knew this when I married him, so here we go.  Off we go to ride The Road To The Sun

Just before we enter the road, we stop in Browning to put on more layers (which we ended up not needing since it wasn't as cold as we expected. Once again, we continue the blessing of perfect weather).  Browning is one of the many Indian/Native American Reservations in these parts. It is creepy, yucky, and poverty ridden. We even were approached by a young man that was high on something. Just breaks your heart when you see that.

This is one of the top motorcycle roads to ride and it is great! The road goes through Glacier National Park in Northern Montana. The road just opened last week and still has a bit of snow around the edges. This ride exceeded all my expectations. Just spectacular.



Big lake, snow covered mountains, water falls, long horned sheep, walking through snow, red cedar trees. So much beauty.

And yes, we did sing tunes from The Sound of Music while riding through the park.


1 comment:

W and J said...

YAY for pictures finally! :) Soooo pretty!!!