Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cozy Coupe!!!!!!

When Jessica was a toddler, she LOVED the Cozy Coupe. If she was visiting someone who had one, she went straight for it. I just couldn't see spending the $50 to buy yet another toy for her. HUGE mistake on my part. One that I knew I would not repeat with my grandchild. I knew this before he was even conceived. This particular toy became a big thing for me. So in the last couple of months, nearing the end of our busy season, I brought this up with Dave. Much to my delight he totally, completely, and immediately agreed. Just got to LOVE my husband.

I began to do a little research, to see if they still made the darn thing. I was pleased to see it was still sold, in fact this is their 50th anniversary, and was about the same price. After a few weeks, and the girlie trike showing up, I ordered it....and it was about $10 less than the price just six weeks earlier! I ended up ordering it from Amazon. The reviews were all 5 stars, except for a huge number of 3 stars.....all which mentioned the horror that was assembly.

It arrived on Friday afternoon and Dave pulled everything out, read through the pictorial instructions, and watched the two part video. Saturday morning it was time to get it done. I didn't think to pull out the camera until we were half way through, so you really don't get the full experience, but....

Going back to review the video, which was much more descriptive than the pictorial instructions


Once the top is on, it was very difficult to get a good angle. He did get the screws in to the plastic and only stripped one with the electric drill, he did have a replacement though



And Ezra LOVES it! The next one for Boy should go much faster

1 comment:

W and J said...

Ahhh, gotta love Grandpa's crazy over-the-top preparations...but it did pay off: getting it assembled in half the time of other reviews. ;)

You also forgot to mention just how dang long he played with the thing and how many times Dad had to push it back up the little hill in the drive-way.

p.s. he totally feel asleep on the car ride home & was in bed by 6:30! Great job, G.parents!!