Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Big Changes for the New Year?????

For 2012, I may or may not be making a big change in the way I scrapbook....we'll see how this plays out. I LOVE scrapbooking. It's a creative outlet for me and I relive the moment while I'm working with all the photos. My books have mostly been glorified photo albums, lots of photos and not much journaling (writing about the event). I still portray what's happening, mostly just facts. This summer a read a book written by a scrapbooker. I thought I was purchasing a book with sample pages to copy, but that's not how it turned out. That happens sometimes when you're not in a physical store and able to touch and look. Anyway, this woman encouraged the reader to get out of the photo album mode and make it more of a personal reflection of your life...a journal with photos. Not that I live that interesting of a life, but I may want/need to remember things years from now when my mind is going....oh, that's happening now!!!!!

I bought "Project Life", which is a scrapbook system that includes a binder (not too impressed with it, a little too industrial looking for my tastes), pages that you just slip your photos into (don't know how this will work because all the slots are horizontal and I sometimes take vertical), and pretty stuff that you can slip in to the slots to pretty it up. The big advantage is the options are limited so it should be faster...which means it should be easier and I'm more likely to keep up.

I have been feeling so stressed over my hobby that should be enjoyable. I can barely keep up with the albums for the boys...oh wait, I'm not keeping up....T is 4 months old and I'm only up to 2 months...and I don't even want to think how far behind I am with E.

So this new system encourages taking a photo every day. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be doing that. But I do want to get a little more of the every day and not just big/special events. For day one, January 1st, I took a photo of the first thing I see in the AM...well, other than my adorable husband (could be because he gets up so much earlier than me!)...and here it is......

This oak tree is in my backyard. It's a majestic tree. It's almost as wide as our lot. I can see it from every window on the back of my home. As you can see, right now it's naked, without leaves. Did you know that some oak trees keep their leaves and others drop them? Sometimes when I wake up I lay in my warm, cozy bed staring at this tree for as long as I can stay in bed. There's not much happening during this time of year...in the tree....although watching the colors change as the sun rises is beautiful. A time lapsed photo series would be awesome! During other seasons, mostly when the leaves are back, there's plenty of activity in the tree. It has it's own eco-system. There are several types of birds, squirrels, etc. It's very busy and entertaining. This is my most favorite thing about my home...oh, and that adorable husband I share it with is very cool too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.