Monday, September 16, 2013

Knowing That Your Schedule Is Way Too Full

So I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger and I'm not sure that's a good thing.  I can feel my anxiety level rise and am most definitely losing my sweetness. It is nearly impossible to remain sweet when you haven't any margin in your life. Now the hard part, cutting back.

The last time I remember being this way was years ago when I tried to fit too many things in to my schedule. When you're dreading going on vacation because you are just too darned busy, that is a sign that you need to make changes in your life.

How did I get in this situation? I had a pretty full schedule and then I accepted the teaching assignment . I am now over the edge. I'm pretty sure that the first time teaching a class requires a ridiculous amount of preparation. That doesn't even count the time to learn all the new systems and programs. So do I teach the next semester? Just to see if the second time around is much less time? First I need to be invited to return. Then we'll talk about it.

No comments: