Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spicy Pulled Pork

One of my favorite foods is pulled pork...well, just about any slow cooked meat is really tasty. I realized that I had never made pulled pork, so now was a good time to fix that. I searched around, looked at some of my books, but then went with the Pioneer Woman recipe...well, sort of. Her recipe called for a can of Chipolte peppers in a size that Raley's didn't carry....so I did the math and grabbed two cans of what I was certain would be my new favorite ingredient. I mean we like spicy. And if two cans was good, well then three cans would be even better, right?


This is what's left when you take the meat out to shred it. This is the juice that's left.
This is shredded pork....it's so soft after cooking all day that when you take two forks and pull it apart, this is what it looks like.....shredded.
I can tell you that three cans is WAY too many. Even Dave was having trouble with it. I can also say that our sinuses are totally and completely clear!

No comments: