Monday, April 25, 2011

New Camera!

My camera saga has been going on since September (and big apologies to all of you who have endured the whining). As an update to all of you who have not been privy to the painful details, I misplaced my camera after a Harley ride to Reno. I was pretty sure I didn't leave it in Reno, and I sort of remembered putting it somewhere odd that I hoped I would remember, but we could not find it. I was beginning to think that I was really losing my mind (this is not the only evidence of that) or at the very least a poor steward of my possessions. And I REALLY LIKED this camera. It was compact, took decent photos, and I had owned it less than a year. After a few months of rummaging through the house, talking about it to everyone who noticed I was no longer taking photos, and getting really close to whining about the whole thing, I bought a camera at Costco. It was a Sony Cybershot, just like the old one, but they did something really awful when the updated the model. I REALLY DISLIKED that camera, and did not hesitate to tell anyone and everyone. The big thing is that the shutter speed was so awful that I couldn't get one decent shot of my grandson. And anyone who knows me, knows that photos of Ezra are really important.

I have been toying with the idea of jumping up to a DSLR, but I've been concerned that I wouldn't learn how to use it, or wouldn't carry it around since it is much larger than a point and shoot. But on Thursday I finally purchased a new camera, a Nikon 3100. I figured I had better purchase it before our four day ride to SoCal, since one of our friends is a big camera person and also owns a Nikon.....I was looking forward to personal lessons.

I readily admit that I am still concerned about the size, since I can't just slip it in my purse. But it takes really great photos. I'm loving the increased capabilities. There was that one time that I didn't turn it on though, and I still need one of those things to hold the lens cap when I remember to take it off.

I will be posting photos of our recent trip.....as soon as I learn how to transfer the photos on to this computer. Oh, and when we pulled out the Harley bags to pack for the trip.....wait for it.....we FOUND THE OLD CAMERA!

1 comment:

W and J said...

You should shop etsy, Mom!! I've seen some really adorable/fashionable camera cases & straps out there! Definitely jealous of your new purchase! But I totally understand if you want to pass it on to me, now that you've discovered your old one. ;) Ha!

Can't wait to see what shots you got while you guys were gone!!