Friday, April 19, 2013

Costco Run

Our cupboards are bare. We have been getting through the end of our busy season depleting our reserves. Our list was getting longer and longer and we made the mad dash today. We got there as it opened and Dave may have snagged the best parking spot, ever. We can tell we're old because we're excited about the parking spot. Funny because we were among all the older couples who were shopping. I told Dave we could come here and feel like the youngun's. He said, yeah, that would work only for a few more years.

We go in with a list and just look for our items. We NEVER wander and see what they have. J asked us to look for a swim vest for T so I suggested we wander in to the middle aisle and see what they have and we found the swim vests and bought two. Now, I should explain the importance of this event. My husband HATES (and I do not think I'm exaggerating when I say that) to shop. He is a hunter. He goes for exactly what he needs, buys it, and leaves as quickly as possible. We get back on task and then as we round that last corner, I say "hey, let's see if there's anything that would be useful for the boys". I'm expecting him to, well, I'll say it kindly, not take this suggestion well.  My husband shocks me and keeps me on my feet by saying, YEAH! We found matching PJs (remember, they LOVE to match) and a pair of shorts for E.

The boys came over this afternoon, we showed them the stuff, and they STRIPPED ON THE SPOT and put on those PJs! They wore them all afternoon and wore them back home. I'm pretty sure they slept in them tonight.
Never mind that T only wanted to put one shoe back on, and that G.Pa put Octonauts on the TV and they didn't want to pose for photos, they are still adorable.

1 comment:

W and J said...

Yup! They wore 'em that night! :)