Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Traditions - Easter

I have been remiss in posting. I've been a little busy wrapping up my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad tax season. Here's a little something until I have the time to post a bit more.....

I make Easter baskets...I've tried to break the habit like a few years ago when we were gone on a ride to SoCal so I wasn't around to deliver a basket. I just can't help myself. Here's a quick photo of the 2013 basket.
There were chocolate bunnies for the boys (or their parents if they're the ones who actually ate them), some gummy bunnies from Trader Joe's, and a complete swim wear set from Land's End. We went all out.....swim trunks, rash shirt (all the rage, SPF etc. and to think we all just wore swimsuits, how did we ever survive?), towels, and goggles. Oh, and I should mention that they match because my boys LOVE to match. Ezra did explain to me that they aren't real twins because they were not born at the same time. Thanks, E. And there is a homemade (of course) card with gift cards inside for the big kids.

We had a fabulous dinner with friends and family. A special shout out to Teresa for the delicious scalloped potatoes, and wine from John, along with the ham from Lucille. The dessert was the only disappointment...should have stuck with my first choice and not been sucked in by the lovely looking (yet dry) cake eggs.

We begin the day with worship because, well, it is Easter. This is the one day where I round up everyone and they attend with me. I would like to say it was for something other than what it really is.....our GREAT egg hunt!!! Seriously. It is FABULOUS. I think the boys believe that's how we worship every week. Oh, and the playground is so wonderful too.

We had a wonderful time celebrating the resurrection of our Lord.

1 comment:

W and J said...

I think he informed you about the twin thing because that's exactly what I said to him when he said they were twins. Quite the little parrot. ;)