Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome Twenty-Ten

Ezra spent the day in his Grandpa's arms
We welcome 2010 with open arms and not because we were eager to see 2009 come to an end.  I think that with everything we've been through in the last 3+ years we have learned to embrace the important things in life.  As much as I miss my fat investment portfolio and high property values, that's not what is important.  When we hold sweet little baby Ezra and wonder what his life will be like, the noise and nonsense goes away.

Today began with a call from Jessica before 5 am.  Wills returned to work and she was fretting over the health of her baby and called us.  Praises that we have a relationship where she was free to call at that hour and praise that it ended up to be something that was not a crisis.  Although it did feel like a crisis at the time!

We spent the entire day with our daughter Jessica and our new love Ezra.  We're all a bit weary of trekking for medical advice and help but thankful that there are caring and trained people to help us because Lord knows we haven't a clue what we're doing.  And many thanks to our nursing friend that took a 5 am call!

Dave held the baby for hours while Jessica went to the guest room and slept and I slept on the sofa.  I'm feeling very blessed to have a husband that would do this right in the middle of bowl season!  But he just may be trying to train Ezra to love football since we failed miserably with Jessica.  A grandchild is a second chance and hope for the future.

I know I'm the grandma, but this is one cute little guy!  And if I'm sounding too ooey-gooey, well it could be the lack of sleep :)

2 comments:

Stef said...

What a good Grandpa! I can say (with experience) that it is a HUGE blessing to 1.) have an awesome relationship with my parents and 2.) live close enough to take advantage of it when Grandchildren are born.

We recently moved to WA and my parents live in the East Bay and I'm already fretting over the next time we have a baby and my Mom isn't more than a phone call away. I can still call her... but she won't be able to come and hold my baby whenever her heart desires. I will miss that.

Enjoy!!

Edie said...

She will miss it too