Saturday, December 25, 2010

Cioppino Night

Our family tradition for Christmas Eve is to have cioppino, fish stew. People think this is Italian, but it really started in San Francisco. It smells heavenly (unless your Donna and Bret who will not eat fish, except for tuna) and is really easy to prepare. It's hot and filling and just a wonderful meal. Oh, and I finally found a red checked tablecloth...but couldn't get my hands on those tacky plastic bibs this year.

Christmas Eve, this is the time when it's basically all over, the crazy part. The stores are closed and there are no more deliveries. You either have it or you don't..it is what it is. You can take a deep breath, let go, and just enjoy the moments....my favorite part.

1 comment:

W and J said...

Yummy!!! I'm so glad we do this tradition. And please please have those tacky bibs next year. I missed them!!