Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Second is Totally Different

I have barely seen Theo. I've held him two times for a nanosecond. I'm mostly taking Ezra to my home so Jessica, William, and Theo can sleep and carry on. Everyone asks me how Ezra is liking his new brother, well.....I don't think he realizes what is going on. Oh, and Ezra is just beginning to get that two year old "NO" thing going on....not too much, but he is not as totally agreeable as he once was. I have had to physically move him to where he should be....not that he's being mean, he's just testing all of us. Well, I've been through this before, with his mother, and he is NOTHING like his mother....oh, and I'm not like I was either :) And I did figure that if he was really not compliant, I could take him home to his mother! But he is just the cutest thing, and I totally LOVE this little guy. I'm sure I'll feel that way about Theo.....if only I spent some time with the little guy!
Dave went for an all day ride, 460 miles. I stayed home to scrapbook. Well, until my daughter called, sounding completely exhausted, and asked if I would come pick up my grandson. Of course I said yes! My whole day was de-railed. I spent the entire day with a 21 month old....I'm exhausted. But I'd rather spend the day with the real thing than simply scrapbooking the lad!

1 comment:

Tara said...

i hope jess realizes how lucky she is! we had NO help after coming home from the hospital. my mother in law may have swung by a time or two a week (for the first week or two) and taken brady for an hour to the park, but that as about it. it was the 4 of us from day one. and it was HARD. what a blessing j & w have to have you guys!