Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

When Jessica was a little girl, we went to a local pumpkin patch. Most of the places that I took Jessica to when she was a little girl are gone. When Jessica was in school, they had field trips at the local pumpkin patch. Always a fun outing as a mother helping out. But now, the patches are gone and the land is filled with McMansions. So off we go to a patch in Livermore, the next city over.

I'm training Ezra to pose for photos. He's usually good for a few, but then he's completely uncooperative. Here's an early one where he's in to it.....
And then, not so much....William tried to get him to pose, but he was having nothing to do with it...at all....and I was hoping to have an annual photo op against the ruler.....oh well
So at Joan's, the patch in Livermore, they have various odd statues that you can sit on, etc. This wolf, or whatever it is, is every spooky. Ezra liked it. I did learn a VERY important lesson.....
Here I am (I do not like seeing photos of myself, but Dave reminds me that in a few years I'll love how young/thin/wonderful I look) with a hand on Ezra. Just after this photo was taken, I looked down at my phone to see if Dave had sent me a text, and yep.....Ezra fell off! Very fortunate that he didn't hit his head. So I learned that you NEVER take your hand off the child when they're high up or in possible danger.....because as stable/safe as they look, they are going to topple.
Next thing I did was put Ezra high up on the horse (or neigh as he calls it). Little did I know that on the other side of the horse there was a sign that said "stay off". Really, I couldn't see it from the side I was standing on. That's the only reason I put him up on the horse. My lovely daughter did tell me that I was breaking the rules....a little late.
Here's another odd photo op. A buggy with a really odd dummy. See? Even Ezra thinks it is odd!
Lovely family photo. I had a little fun with the shadows...and Ezra did not want to stand still...but not too bad. It really is tough getting four humans to look good, all at one time!
This is a strategic photo. We were placing Theo so he was hiding all the drool all over Jessica's shirt!

This donkey was making so much noise. The hee haw was hilarious. Now he looks all mellow, but he was braying like a maniac. Oh, and William does not have a big belly....that's Theo in the wrap.
Ezra liked the train too. There were so many people here today. Everyone was orderly, no pushing...everyone waited in line.
We bought some food to give to the goats and sheep. I think they were well fed because we had a tough time getting them to come to us and eat our food. Ezra tried to feed them, but he preferred William giving them the food.
There were many of these cut-outs, very fun!
Funny thing...this slide was the HUGE hit with the little kids!
We finally got our hands on a wagon, which is MUCH easier than the wheel barrel we were trying to use.
The Swenson clan finally found four lovely pumpkins to take home
Even though it was October, here in CA it was VERY hot! We all had fun, even though we did miss Dave who was out riding with the guys.

2 comments:

Tara said...

i wanted a pic in front of the ruler too! brady REFUSED! i tried on 3 separate trips. i dont know what the kid has against standing next to that thing. sadness. maybe next year...

W and J said...

LOL! What an afternoon!! I may have gotten a ruler pic when we went the following week. I'll have to check my sd card when I upload it onto your computer.

The one of him pulling the wagon turned out CUTE!