Sunday, October 2, 2011

A New Addition to Our Family

Several months ago we had a death in our family.......the vacuum cleaner died. It just stopped. No warning. Just would not turn on. This is a blessing. I never bonded with the machine. It was LOUD and would not stand up on its own. It was very light and had an extra long cord, but I just didn't care for the thing. But now that it was gone, I needed a replacement........

I went to my OCD uber-cleaning and vacuum freak friend, he said Dyson. I did my research online. People certainly feel strongly about their vacuum cleaners. With the high cost of a Dyson, there are many people who are disappointed. I think the expectations are high for the machine. I continued to ask a few other people. Then a gadget friend said Roomba.

So after more research and looking at prices, I placed the order. If you're not familiar, Roomba is manufactured by iRobot and is a disk with sweepers that just buzzes along your floors sweeping up dust and dirt. It works similar to the old style carpet sweepers. When it's about to run out of juice, it scoots back to the charging station all on its own. The only downside is you do need to clean it out after every use, if it gets full, it is ineffective.

We've had it clean our floors twice and it does a very good job. We have dark wood floors throughout the house. They show every speck of dust, which is plenty because we always have our windows and sliding doors open, plus all the hair that we shed. It is so much fun to watch this thing scoot along the floor and wander from room to room. We think it's like watching a little pet scamper about, which is why we're saying we have a new addition to our family.

So we LOVE the Roomba......but we think we'll probably still need a vacuum cleaner.

No comments: