Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dinner in the City



I'm feeling so cosmopolitan.....I BARTed in to San Francisco with Heather to meet up with her twin sister, Dawn, and eat dinner and then do a little shopping....in the middle of the week...on the spur of the moment....on a school, er work night! How fun is that?

Dawn picked the place, Tres Agaves, near the Ball Park. The whole place looks really cool at night...we went down this street that looked so quaint and Eastern...Dawn said it is called South Park...way cool.

So I am the oldest person in this place...it's really dark, so I just picked out something in large letters. The waitress comes by for the drink orders and starts telling us about the Tequila...describing it like wine. Everything was very tasty...yes, even the tequila...although I can not tell you what it was..other than it was the tequila of the month.

We wandered through the Westfield Mall...it looks nothing like I remember...and went in to a few stores, including Furla (which has nothing like the Italy stores) and Bristol Farms (a bit like Draeger's). I don't know why we don't do this more often, it was fun.

And it was really nice to spend some time catching up with Heather.....the only PhD Chemist I could possibly ever know. I'm so proud of her and how grown up she has become. And Dawn is wonderful too (a pharmacist for Genentech). Bet nobody thought I knew such intelligent people.

No comments: