Sunday, November 30, 2008

Learning Something New



Miss Donna has kindly been teaching me how to make baby quilts....or little blankets. I have been spending a small fortune on baby gifts, and am surrounded by fertile couples. Dave says it is so much better than store bought because you can personalize them. It's been ages since I've used my sewing machine....which Donna can attest to, I couldn't remember how to thread the machine, did it incorrectly, and spent a long time ripping out my first pass at binding.

To make matters a bit more challenging, my right thumb went numb and my forearm and wrist were feeling numb and pain...carpel? lazy surfing? pinched whatever? Or could it be my age? So many possibilities. And the fabric that I selected is really tough to get the needle through along with the double yarn. I had to get Dave's pliers to pull the needle through. They are now complete (we made 2) and really cute...as long as you don't look to closely at my horrible sewing. But I plan on practicing until I can be as good as Miss Donna and her sister, Annette, at making the blankets.

1 comment:

W and J said...

WOW! Great job on finishing them already. I'm so proud of you. So I'm guessing the glove didn't work?! :)