Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Trip to the Mall

This is Thursday and I spend that with Ezra. Today that meant a shopping trip with his mom, aka my daughter, Jessica. I arrived at his home to find him fed and terribly unhappy, so of course...I am an easy mark....I had to hold him and kiss him and tell him he is the most fabulous thing this side of heaven. The car was loaded and he was gently placed in his car seat. So he is not impressed with his car seat....at all. Jessica put it all safely in the car and he's actively whimpering, but not yet wailing. As soon as we take off and approach 30 miles an hour, he's quiet. This was repeated through out our journey.....30 miles is magic..it must provide the perfect vibration for sweet baby Ezra.

The funniest was when we're in Target and I gently (it truly was gently) bumped the wall while maneuvering in to the check out lane and Ezra wakes up startled. The look on his face was shock and scared and then totally not happy. It was a new look and one that I do not look forward to seeing again.

We then went to the mall with stops at Macy's, Baby Gap (which has a bathroom with a changing table and a nursing room) with lots of very cool stuff at reasonable prices, and Pottery Barn for kids. And I just want to say that the kiosks are completely annoying....sort of like a middle eastern bazaar.

A great afternoon with good buys, tasks completed, and sweet Ezra. Not sure that Jessica will be getting a good shopping partner....he's too much like his grandpa.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Sam and I used to (lovingly) refer to Jack as the "red devil baby" when riding in his carseat during those first few months. He absolutely hated riding in his carseat. It was especially awful when he all of the sudden got hungry and thought we were starving him. Jack eventually grew out of it. So will Ezra!

Tara said...

i loved the nursing area, too!

there is this mall in lincoln that i love. it has a baby ROOM in the mall. its roughly the size of a large apartment and has a microwave, bottle warmers, sterilizers, changing stations, individual nursing stalls complete with large love seats, pillows, a tv and headphones! there are also toys for bigger kids, couches, tv's and a fridge! its amazing.

W and J said...

Jill-- Soooo glad I'm not alone on this one! I hate it especially when we have to stop at lights & I can't do anything about it but just hope that the light will change quickly so I can drive fast again!!! Poor little guy! And Jack definitely doesn't seemed at all scarred by that-- gives me MUCH hope & encouragement!! :)