Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm an Easy Mark

Yesterday Ezra and his mom (formerly known as Jessica, my daughter) came up to finish the birth announcements (I know, he's almost 2 months old and these were started before he was born) and it was obvious that I'm an easy mark. I mean, here he is, barely 7 weeks old and he totally has my number! I cannot bear to hear him cry. I just want to pick him up and hold him and kiss him. But Jessica tells me that he needs to sleep and I should pat his back and say Ssh to quiet him down. I tried this at his own home and it works! But at my house....not so much.

Now Tuesday afternoon I watched it work for Jessica, and then Dave. But when I tried it.....he opens his eyes and wimpers. So I call in Dave, and it works! So now I know.....it is me. And this little guy has totally figured out that I'll pick him up and hold him and kiss him. Not such a bad thing, but he needs to sleep so he can grow and become a big strong boy.

So let it be known....from now on....I am not an easy mark. I am a match for an infant that is only weeks old! And I really mean it!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ha Ha You are soooo funny. He has your number. G-Ma tough not!!

Tara said...

haha! aw! i couldn't bear to hear brady cry either at that age. i would pick him up and love on him each and every time. i was warned i was going to "create a monster" but so far, so good. :)

i think it's great he knows his grandma so well. what a sweet little man. he has you wrapped around his little finger. ;)

Jill said...

I was given the same warning, Tara, and Jack is turning out just fine (if I do say so myself!). Edie, it just means you and Ez have a fabulous relationship and he already knows who you are. Jack adores my Mom (Omi to him). It's awesome.