Friday, July 29, 2011

Branson, Missouri

How do you describe this place? Dave says "poor man's Vegas" and I prefer "hillbilly Vegas". It's a mile long strip in the hills completely devoted to entertainment. There are tons of theaters with live shows....mostly music, comedians, and magicians. We opted for the Presley family since they were the first and it's an authentic Branson experience.

We bought the tickets for a total of $65 a couple...which ticked me off because I forgot to ask for the AAA discount and they didn't ask. Anyway, we did enjoy the show, but not enough to buy the $20 DVD :)

We loved our hotel, Land of the Ozarks. It was clean, well located, and the restaurant was really good. As an added plus, we had the cutest waiter, Jay. I was reminded of Alex in Austria, but that's another story....

We've decided to leave early so we can miss the heat. I think it was even beginning to bother Scott & Margaret. I'm feeling a whole lot better. It was about 20 degrees cooler today and I was so much better able to deal with it. For one thing I finally got my appetite back. But I'm finishing day 2 of my vacation and I've had NO DESSERTS!

I haven't taken too many photos. I'm spoiled with my new fancy camera that I did not bring with me, and I've forgotten how to use my point and shoot. I promise to do better :)

No comments: