Monday, July 4, 2011

O'Dark Thirty

There are very few reasons to be up in the early morning when it's dark outside. My mind and body do not work until the Earth has been warmed by the sun. This is a real problem during the winter when the sun rises later, or not at all due to weather, I have difficulty functioning. I need sunshine, that's how it is.

So when the kids buy tickets for an EARLY am departure, everyone knows that Dave is doing the duty. But I do drag my body up, at least I think I'm up, so that I can say good-bye. When they leave, I crawl back in to bed. There is just no reason to pretend that I'm functioning. So it is with this warning that I include the following photos:

This is the young Swenson family on their way to the SJ Airport
G-Pa's awake, E...not so much. He still has bed head, and his sleeping binkies in his hand. When he sleeps he has one in his mouth and one in each hand.
And here's a look at Jessica's new do...VERY short hair...the back
The side....she really didn't want her photo taken, can you tell?

1 comment:

W and J said...

Thank you much for indulging in our cheap tickets over rational flght times! Promise it won't be always like that! ;) love you guys!!