Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Man Skirt

There are so many things in this world that I do not understand.  One of them is why my SIL would possibly want to purchase, much less actually wear, a man skirt.  He calls it a kilt, but we all know it is really a skirt worn by a man....a man skirt.  I know he has Swedish ancestry, but I was not aware of any Scottish...now I know.  So I guess it isn't that odd, but really....it is odd.  Let's just call it quirky.

We have a HUGE annual Scottish event held right here in town.  Dave and I have never been.  Not that we're against it......it sounds very interesting.  We're just not in to crowds, standing around, and we've been to Scotland, so we'll go do something else over the long weekend.  The kids love this event and try to attend every year.

This year J made matching kilts for the boys.  When she was fitting E, I may have made a comment...something like "oh, you have a boy skirt".  E turned to his mama and told her he didn't like it.  Then his mama gave me a VERY unfriendly look....maybe a growl.  I did say "oh, you'll be like all the others boys and men at the Scottish Games".  I'm pretty sure he picked up on all this, plus his mama's look, and knew he'd be wearing it, so he decided he would remain silent and see how this played out.

All the years that I was praying for a perfect man to marry my daughter, it NEVER crossed my mind that he would dress himself and my grandsons in skirts.  I just mark that up to an over sight on my part and an added benefit to the package.
 This is where I learn that my SIL is in the House of Gordon because his mother was a Crombie. Oh, and that my SIL is introducing my oldest grandson to medieval weaponry.
My littlest grandson slept through this part...I hope....and it was his very first birthday.  Isn't he the sweetest most angelic little baby? Yeah, I think so too....
For many years...and I mean years....my SIL has wanted a Utilikilt.  He's offered to work the booth to earn a discount, etc.  He REALLY wants one of the things.  He's described it to us, but honestly, we really don't get it.  Even if their motto is "for everyday wear".  Because we're crazy and...well, crazy pretty much sums it up....we thought we would give him his Christmas present early.  So after some texts and calls to our daughter, we set it all up.
He was one happy man skirt wearing guy
And here are a few more photos of the day's events


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't have to be a kilt to be successful. A regular skirt works fine. NOTE: A kilt is a Skirt by definition. It is just a particular type of skirt and there are thousands. A kilt is usually tartan, hot, heavy and costly.

Guys look really great and better in my opinion in "Cargo Mini Skirts". They are usually plain, lots of pockets, belt loops and come in different length and cheap compared to kilts.

Check these guys in regular skirts and you will have to agree with leading clothing designers who say there is no reason for men not to wear skirts: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22064674

Notice these guys still look like guys just as women in pants still look like women. In other words they have open minds and are enjoying the benefits that the homophobic challenged do not.