Friday, November 18, 2011

Baking with Ezra



Please note the adorable dinosaur apron on my sweet little grandson. Much to the chagrin of his G.Pa it is not the camo apron.

We tried out some new cookie recipes. We made chocolate chocolate-chip cookies that were really good. Then we made pumpkin spice chip cookies that weren't so great. We did this over two separate days.

Things Ezra learned: when a pan comes out of the over it is too hot to touch; when the cookies are on the pan, fresh out of the oven, it is too hot to eat; when you turn the mixer on maximum to begin, everything will be flung all over the kitchen; it's really fun to lick the beater, spoon, fingers, hands, etc.; G.Pa is a big hero for bringing in the step stool (it was formerly used by his mama).

Things G.Ma learned: Ezra is really only interested in the mixer (much like a power tool); Ezra is totally bored with the whole baking part because he only likes the mixer; if Ezra pulls the tablecloth the mixer will slide off the table too (not to worry, G.Ma caught the mixer before it crushed her beloved #1 grandson).

In my past life, I did bake with Jessica each year, even inviting her older cousins to join us. Perhaps I should have gone back to look at those photos so I would have been better prepared to do this with my grandson. But my memory is refreshed and I'm all set to go.

3 comments:

william said...

Bahahahaha!!! Everyone learned A LOT huh?! Te mixer is still a Gma thing-- I haven't pulled it out with him yet. Maybe I'll just stick to hand mixing and let that just be special for you guys!

So when do we get to decorate sugar cookies????? ;)

william said...

Oops! This is jess btw. :)

Tara said...

you are the best grandma ever! can you teach my kids' grandmas a few lessons?!!??