Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Thanksgiving Traditions


Thanksgiving is my absolutely most favorite holiday. I LOVE preparing the meal, having people over, eating left overs for weeks, and even the clean up....maybe not so much the clean up. So it was a HUGE sacrifice for me to "let" the kids travel to SoCal to be with SIL's family. We ended up having dinner at the Club with MIL. I wasn't expecting much, buffet and all, but I was very happy.

We arrived just as they opened at 1 pm and ended up staying two hours. I love long, slow meals where there's plenty of time to eat and visit. This left us with plenty of time to drop in on two other celebrations. We didn't eat at Donna & Bret's...well I did snack, but who's surprised at that?....but we spent a couple of hours watching football on Bret's BIG screen TV and visiting. Then we were off to Wes & Diane's and their group. Where I did a tad more than snack.....it had been hours since we had our meal at the Club...and there was so much food, I just had to help out.

Then on Friday we were off to Napa for the weekend!

No comments: