Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Photos 2011

As the years fly by, I feel like I want to make some meaningful traditions for our family. I've probably done this without realizing it, but now I'm ready to make a choice. One thing I have wanted to do, which we had not been doing, was taking a family photo each Christmas. I LOVE family Christmas photos and newsletters when we receive them from others. An annual family photo would show the changes in our family for our photo albums and to family and friends that we don't see often. In the past, I simply tossed in a school photo of our daughter. But then she finally finished school and went on to a life of her own, and I may have even skipped the Christmas cards.

I missed the family photo when J was engaged, and then the next year after they were married, but now I'm on track (probably all about the grandchildren). The first year, J was pregnant. The second year, we had E. And now we have E & T. Who knows who'll be here next year!

Now that our SIL has a traditional, full-time job we found it especially difficult to synchronize our schedules.....not that ANY of us are complaining about that! We figured we had a two hour window, even less when you factor in naps, feedings, attention spans. So here we go........

This is a desperate attempt at getting E happy enough to continue
This was a pathetic attempt at taking sweet brother photos. Do you see the look of fear in the eyes of T? He's smart. E is just about to maul his little brother.
Then there's the uploading of the photos, scouring the over 100 shots for at least one to print. Here's J and the photographer (my OLDER sister, Rhonda). Rhonda has been doing this for us each year.
I am very happy to report that we were able to find one photo that we could agree on. Oh, and I'm trying something new this year, I'm ordering cards from Apple. We'll all see how that works out...could be a new tradition. Perhaps that's my tradition.....I keep changing :)

No comments: