Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back in the USA

We were all ready to go home. This is not going down as our most favorite vacation. I was a little worried when we checked in at the Lisbon airport and my passport wouldn't go through. The pleasant, but zany clerk was have issues. Finally, she called over her supervisor, at our firm request, and she had been entering the numbers incorrectly. We were so relieved when the passport passed through the system.  It was going through my mind that I may be spending a few extra days in Lisbon....and as lovely as Lisbon is, I was so ready to be back in the USA.

Oh, and we ran in to many Canadians. Their economy is much better than ours, so they have extra money for travel.  There were very few Americans that we saw or talked to. The Americans we did see were mostly on pilgrimages/tours with their church.

One improvement on our flights, the inflight entertainment has been greatly enhanced. Each seat has their own screen and many options to choose from.  I think I watched 8 movies on the return flight. They had music, movies, and television shows. Sad to say that I did not read one book.

We headed straight to the doctors on our return. We each got antibiotics.  Dave is  now on his third round. We're still waiting for a full recovery.

Next year we're going to Washington DC

2 comments:

W and J said...

DC will be SO SO much fun!! Glad you guys survived...

Hillary said...

Dc is only an 8 hour drive from us and Bobs sister lives there. Let us know when and if this - would love to meet up.