Friday, August 15, 2008

Review of Landscaping

The landscape designer, Teri, came to the house this afternoon. Of course we waited until the hottest part of the day and the temperature was up to 100! She was very pleased, but did have some comments and suggestions. I forgot that she took photos of the "before". I'm really glad she did because I wasn't even thinking about the landscape 9 months ago. I was moving out of our 3 month stay at Camp Castlewood (my name for the "before" housing situation) and wedding planning. We had forgotten everything we've been through since we met with Teri the first time.

We were reviewing all our photos and we were shocked that it's been almost 2 months since work on the landscaping began. Each day seems as if not much happens, but when we review the photos, we're reminded of everything that's been done. This is also the case on the house. It just seems to creep along. I guess everything just takes so much longer than you think it will. I figure how long it will take if everything goes just right, and of course it rarely does.

Still, they thought they'd be ready for the final today and spend 2 weeks on a punch list. I just think they've padded everything and we'll move in over Labor Day...with everyone running around us for a few more weeks. This should be chaos!

No comments: