Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday update

It was so nice having the Praise Team back this week.  Many of them were in Birkina Fasu, Africa on the mission trip.  They gave a wonderful presentation of their trip with a slide show.  It was all before communion, so it's okay to have the females speak.  It was an amazing and life changing trip for the group.  Greg gave the lesson and used one of those stories that get circulated on the internet.  I don't like those stories, they strike me as manipulative.  But the story did fit the lesson and it was thought provoking.  The lesson was calling us to be a light and encourage others, and consider how our actions and words affect those around us.

I rode my bike to worship and then got on the back for a lunch ride to Walnut Creek.  Dave's bike is in the shop so I was a passenger.  My Dyna is not nearly as comfortable as Dave's Road King when I'm on the back.  I keep expecting a new Road Glide to show up in the new garage.  Another good meal at Hub Caps, a short ride, and then a tour of our home for Donna and Bret.

I like to see how others view the house.  We're so accustomed to everything because we're always up there.  We forget how grand it looks...already.  Not ungrateful, we're just eager to get moved in.

That's about it....I just can't make this interesting.

No comments: