Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday, Monday


Today was my first day in 5th Grade. I worked in my sweet daughter's classroom. I filed away paperwork for a couple of hours while the classroom hummed along in controlled chaos. The kids are really calm and quiet and Jessica does a marvelous job. But she just instructs them on their task and in comes someone to take the entire classroom out to test their hearing. This is the perfect place to do screening, but it does disrupt the teaching. Then they were off to lunch, only to return to the D.A.R.E. instruction. The statistics on this program are not good, but everyone feels good about it. But again, it takes away from teaching time. In order to cover the material, there's homework....then people talk about all the homework their child has. It is a vicious cycle.

i was horrified that the bulletin boards had not been updated for the fall season, but that will be changing soon. After my daughter took me to lunch, she even paid for it, I went off to Boswell's and bought plenty of stuff for the boards. They will be updated shortly.

Oh, and I'm to wear a hideous neon orange sticky tag....that won't be happening without serious modifications.

Then the evening is tutoring the Wills, Jessica taking control of the remote (During the MLB playoff where the Angels choke and the Bosox live for the next level) and her dad isn't even making her go to Monday Night Football! I truly may be in bizarro world.

And I picked up the travel documents for our adventure. This should be a really different trip. Have I mentioned how much I need a vacation?

3 comments:

william said...

Haha, with the first paragraph being about the 5th grade, and the only picture on this post is me with potato chips, it looks like I'm the 5th grader...8o)

And don't worry, vacation is on it's way. It'll be here sooner than you expect. Thanks for the tutoring!

W and J said...

Well I'm so glad to hear we didn't scare you off! :) It was such a help having you there & a little bit trippy...coming full circle.

P.S. Sorry about eating your whole bag of chips! I've been feeling like we're more College Newlyweds lately in our habits of living...We really need to get into some better scheduling and pro-active habits!

Michelle Weiss said...

Where is your lovely vacation to? Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.