Sunday, October 12, 2008

That Was Fun, I Think....


The big shindig was last night, our "Mission Accomplished" party. We're novices at entertaining, much less large groups, fortunately we have friends and family that love us and pitch in to bail us out. Dave and I never had the time to eat! We had people arriving 40 minutes EARLY!

I didn't even get to tell my lovely niece, Michelle, that she looked absolutely beautiful...or to check out her shoes because she was having a very tall day. And I didn't get to talk to her boyfriend, Rob, (other than to harass him about a possible wedding) about the house in Boulder Creek... I may have a client that has a son who has been looking for a place to rent or buy there.

We think everyone had a good time, we barely had time to talk to anyone because we were docents...leading tours. We weren't even taking photos..imagine that.

Jessica and Wills received their wedding quilt from Granny...it is beautiful.

The house is officially our home and no longer a construction zone (and yeah, we still love our contractors...Millennium Enterprises). Now we can go on vacation!

2 comments:

W and J said...

I talked to them about the house! It's still on the market while they're living in downtown Santa Cruz. I actually talked to them for awhile...it was SO good! And we had a blast too. Definitely too short a time with family though. We wished they could've stayed longer!

I'm all packed up and starting to miss my hubby... take care of him! Make sure he eats and doesn't shoot too much time away. :D

Michelle Weiss said...

Well I guess Rob and I will have to come up for dinner or something one night. :) I love my tall shoes, they do help with the short Arterburn genes. Give me a call or e-mail after your fantastic trip. We'll figure out a time to get together to really catch up.