Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

I wake up in the middle of the night with cramps.  I head to the bathroom and I'm just feeling awful.  I feel just like I did in Mexico where I passed out, hit my head, and ended up in the hospital.  With that experience under my belt, I must have sat on the edge of the tub.  The next thing I knew, I was crumpled in the tub and Dave was standing over me trying to wake me and get me to drink water.  He gets me back in to bed....until I woke up again and knew I had to get to the bathroom.  He held me while I walked, until I passed out and he slowly lowered my slumped body to the floor.  I'm sparing you the totally yucky parts. But he finally gets me back to bed.

In the morning, he was feeling a little better...at least enough to go to breakfast and bring some toast, butter, and a bottle of water back to the room for me. He didn't eat much and ended up back in bed. Where we spent the entire day. Oh, except for the one trip to the outside....to the pharmacy just outside of our hotel.  Here's what he purchased......
Thankfully the name is the same in Spanish as it is in English....no translation required.

Dave thought he'd venture out with Michael and Sabrina for dinner.  That didn't turn out too well.  He had zero appetite and after eating a little, he just felt awful.  So back to bed.  This isn't our most favorite travel story.

No comments: