Monday, October 29, 2012

Sights of Seville

After a full day, stuck in the room, wasting precious vacation time, I woke up and was feeling better.  Or perhaps I was just sick of being sick.  In either case, I headed to breakfast and ate small quantities of simple food.  Dave wanted absolutely nothing.  I brought him some bread, but he wouldn't touch a thing.  It is just the oddest feeling to have zero appetite.  I mean, I can always stuff myself so I just couldn't figure this out.

I ventured out with Michael & Sabrina, hoping to at least see the two big attractions in town, which are located about a block from our hotel.....the Cathedral of St. Mary and the Alcazar.

First we tried the church.......
It was closed for Mass, so I just poked my head in and we decided to try back later.  And when we went back, it was closed again for Mass.  So......

Then we headed over to the Alcazar.  This was a quick trip because Sabrina began to suffer the Troubles....
It seems that this is the former Jewish Quarters.  But once again, all Jews were killed, forced to convert, or fled.  The churches are built on top of the former synagogs.

No comments: