Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alice's Restaurant

Back from vacation and stacks of mail, loads of wash, and follow up all those e-mails. I'd still go again though:) Now I could tell you that I jumped right in to all the tasks, but then I'd be lying. I did wash three loads of laundry, but that's fun for me. Dave spent his time in the office working on Thursday (while I had my hair done and bought groceries since our cupboards were bare) and Friday (while I went with Teresa to the Santa Clara Scrapbook Expo & our favorite, Super JoAnn's in Fremont).

On Saturday, I was hoping to scrap and play with some of the many new things I purchased. Bret called Friday night to invite us to ride to Alice's Restaurant on the way to the coast. Dave was going for sure. How could I turn it down? Even to scrap and/or work? I hadn't spent anytime with Bret or Donna in ages. We met up at Starbucks at 8:30 am....can I just say how wonderful it is to have a decent cup of coffee? Here are some photos of our ride....

The famous Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, which has delicious food
Bret & Donna, you can see some of the many bikes in the background
Dave is waiting for me to mount up and quit taking his photo
The fog was finally beginning to break, but we're not complaining after the heat and humidity of the last two weeks in the Ozarks
First hang glider we've seen in ages
The guys LOVE to see this sign
curves, pavement, redwood trees...no, it doesn't get much better than this
Beautiful view
Donna, Bret, & Dave at our favorite stop on highway 9 just a little bit south of Skyline
Handsome guy


We made it home safely, I can work or scrap or sit out on my patio....let's see....

No comments: